Trump Sets Final Ultimatum as Iran Strike Deadline Looms
President Trump warns of 'devastating' strikes on Iran's infrastructure if a deal over the Strait of Hormuz is not reached by Tuesday's deadline.

Tensions Peak as Trump Threatens Total Destruction of Iranian Infrastructure
WASHINGTON — With a self-imposed deadline looming, President Donald Trump has issued his most explicit ultimatum yet in the five-week-old conflict between the United States and Iran. Unless a deal is reached by 20:00 Washington DC time on Tuesday (00:00 GMT Wednesday), the President warned that a new wave of air strikes will "decimate" every bridge and power plant across the Islamic Republic.
"Very little is off-limits," Trump declared on Monday, asserting that the barrage would be "devastating" and completed within a four-hour window.
The Demands of the "Deal"
For the bombardment to be averted, Trump insists on an agreement that meets his personal standards of acceptance. Central to his demands is the "free traffic of oil" through the Strait of Hormuz, a vital maritime chokepoint that Iran has threatened to obstruct using mines, drones, and missiles.
However, Tehran has shown no sign of capitulation. Iranian officials recently rejected a proposal for a temporary ceasefire and presented their own set of "maximalist" requirements, according to U.S. sources. This leaves the White House in a precarious diplomatic position: follow through on a massive escalation or extend the deadline for a fourth time in three weeks, a move that critics suggest could damage the administration's credibility.
Military Might vs. Strategic Reality
The President’s threats come on the heels of a high-stakes weekend rescue mission where U.S. forces successfully recovered two downed airmen from deep within Iranian territory. While Trump characterized the mission and previous operations—including last year’s "Midnight Hammer" raids—as evidence of total military superiority, he also acknowledged a sobering reality regarding the Strait of Hormuz.
"Very little is off-limits," Trump declared on Monday, asserting that the barrage would be "devastating" and completed within a four-hour window.
"We can bomb the hell out of them," Trump remarked, but admitted that the asymmetry of the conflict means "all you need is one terrorist" to effectively shutter global oil transit.
The Cost of Rubble
Despite the bellicose rhetoric, the President expressed a surprising degree of hesitation regarding the long-term consequences of destroying Iran's infrastructure. He noted that while Iran is currently "militarily defeated," a total strike on its civilian backbone would require a century of reconstruction.
"Do I want to destroy their infrastructure? No," Trump said, though he claimed—without providing evidence—that the Iranian people "welcomed" the bombing campaign. He even suggested that the U.S. might eventually have to participate in the rebuilding costs of a nation it has spent weeks dismantling.
A Final Gambit?
As the clock ticks toward Tuesday night, the President maintains an air of mysterious optimism. He hinted at "active, willing" participants on the Iranian side and suggested that a secret plan is in motion.
"They have till tomorrow," Trump told reporters. "We’ll see what happens. I believe they’re negotiating in good faith. I guess we’ll find out."
Whether this optimism is rooted in back-channel breakthroughs or is merely a tactical bluff remains to be seen. If no deal emerges, the world faces the prospect of a humanitarian and economic crisis that could ripple far beyond the borders of the Middle East.




